Friday, May 27, 2011

Trying Fake Oreos

When I went to the shops this morning, I saw that Lidl now sells this:
aka Fake Oreos :) I just had to buy and try it. 
Once you open the box, you find five packages / rolls like that - a really nice idea (although the rolls make you think that the cookies are going to be extremely small, but once you open the plastic wrap, ...
... you can see that the cookies look just like normal Oreos, same size, same color, same filling ...
 

Yet, they do not fully taste like Oreos as there is that subtle taste of Prinzenrolle-cookies, also produced by Griesson/de Beukelaer. Besides, the filling is a bit sweeter and has kind of a weird texture
The bottom line is that they are defintely not bad, but I prefer real Oreos!

By the way, I put two of the cookies and some rum in my chocolate pudding for tomorrow night - hope that it is good! Thus, test result #2 cooking with fake oreos, tomorrow night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment